Would you agree that one of the hardest parts of getting fit is actually making exercise a consistent habit?
As you know, I am a massive believer in consistency… Habits create consistency and habits take time and determination to build…
After some research and reading great articles on athletes and people passionate about movement, I have put together the top habits of people who just get it done… If you can replicate these habits, constantly over a month long period, I guarantee you will build up some strong healthy and fit habits that will last a lifetime!
10 EXERCISE HABITS OF PEOPLE WHO EXERCISE REGULARLY ARE:
- They always do SOMETHING every morning even if it is only 15 or 20minutes! Something is better than nothing.
- They keep it social and fun, and often get their family and friends involved to increase accountability.
- They prepare the night before by usually laying out their clothes and knowing exactly what they need for first thing in the morning.
- They choose to remember how they would feel if they didn’t exercise.
- They make every step count in every part of their day; by taking the stairs, walking to meetings, getting off public transport one stop earlier.
- They keep spare equipment and clothes ready in a packed bag incase so they never have an excuse.
- They stand more than sit; no matter what they will aways find a way to avoid sitting and stand for longer periods of time.
- They always plan their exercise. Failing to plan is planning to fail, right?!
- They seek out expert guidance coaching even when their own knowledge is quite high, making sure their own needs and skills are being met.
- They pick exercise that good for their body and are based around the goals they have set for themselves.
Happy habit building peeps!
In Health & Happiness,